Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Jazz Art and Abstract Eyes






























third group-(jazz and child art), originally uploaded by eyobart. 



In this session we had discovered what it means to paint abstract. I showed them that all art is abstract to a certain degree because the artist has somewhat intellectualized the work. The simplicity in abstract is that it can be reduced down to geometrical shapes that can come from within anyone. Learning to paint abstract can open up anyone’s mind analyze your work or resolve any difficulties. It can also be one of the best ways to improve the very dynamics of your work. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abstract_art)
The group had a lot of fun incorporating who they are in this median. In the last couple of groups the relationship that I had with the students was a teacher/student relationship. This group was surprisingly different because it had a friend in art relationship. This benefited the group’s art work because it made them open up and easily put them selves in their art work. It also helped me because I was more comfortable opening up my ideas to them. I appreciate the school for giving an opportunity to the students to work with me. I am honored. They have an incredible amount of creativity and originality which is essential in art.
The jazz art we did today was able to help the students more and give them a musical sense and element which is then able to create a variety of musical concepts and ideas. Some of the students did more in their art then what I had expected them to because of this.
When I was first showing the students how to paint with this musical concept I was very detailed but as the day started progressing I slowly let them work with the techniques I had taught them. In this, they were able to grow and show progress in their artwork. Also, I wanted to give them a chance to create their own techniques from the bits of pieces that I showed them.
For me, I believe an artist is similar to a farmer. A farmer throws seeds on the ground and has faith in what is able to rise up and then finally create its own seeds. In art, the seeds represent the ideas, concepts, passions and medians that is given to a persons mind and soul. When this seed is planted firmly it have the potential to create its own ideas and concepts.
I am pleased that Sheree and I had an opportunity to collaborate all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment