Friday, October 12, 2007

The Cello Dream


The Cello Dream, originally uploaded by eyobart.

Every morning when I wake up I feed human bread to the ducks outside my porch. When I don’t wake up and feed them they tend to scream at my window and disturb me very much. Amusingly, they give me inspiration. Their voices may sound raw and dreadful to many but remind me of a saxophone and the sound you get when you are manually ripping a piece of cloth. At the same time, other birds flee to this scene and sometimes rabbits and squirrels come. It gives me a child-like experience filled with simple and common fun that some take for granted.
The Cello Dream was basically inspired by these bird encounters at my window. I took the song-like voices of the birds and depicted them as floating people under the moon. The songs of the birds merge with the cello player and his dreams of the full moon.
I do many paintings like this because it helps my mind enter into a state of refreshment after a long and motivational art piece or set.

More musical paintings at…eyobart.com

3 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I'm interested in getting hold of a print of the work 'The Cello Dream.' Is there any way of doing this?

    Many thanks
    Will

    ReplyDelete
  2. Other lessons at home include purchasing instructional DVDs and even online resources. This allows you to teach yourself how to play the violin. violin tuner

    ReplyDelete